SBI alerts customers! Do not scan QR code for money, otherwise you will be pauped
SBI Alert: In view of the increasing case of QR code fraud, the country’s largest public sector bank SBI has alerted its 44 crore customers. The bank has said that if you get any QR code from any person, then do not scan it even by mistake.
SBI Alert Customers: These days there is a lot of trend of online banking and transactions. You will see QR code scanners installed even at small shops. While these facilities have made people’s work related to the bank easier, on the other hand the cases of online fraud and cyber crime are also increasing continuously. In the last few years, cases of fraud have also come to the fore through QR codes. In view of the increasing case of QR code fraud, the country’s largest public sector bank SBI (State Bank of India) has alerted its 44 crore customers. The bank has said that if you get any QR code from any person, then do not scan it even by mistake. By doing this you can become pauper in a jiffy.
information given by tweet
SBI has started a campaign to educate people in financial matters under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Under this campaign, SBI tweeted on Thursday that ‘Scan the QR code and get money? This is the wrong number. Beware of QR Code Scam. Think before you scan, don’t scan unknown and unverified QR codes. Be careful and stay safe with SBI.
The bank also posted a short infographics video along with the tweet. In the video, showing the process of making payment by scanning the QR code, it is said, ‘Scan and scam? Never scan unknown QR code or enter UPI PIN.
Scan QR Code and receive money? #YehWrongNumberHai. Beware of QR code scam! Think before you scan, do not scan unknown, unverified QR codes. Stay Alert and Stay #SafeWithSBI!#AmritMahotsav #AzadiKaAmritMahotsavWithSBI pic.twitter.com/OHactjtHnt
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) March 24, 2022
This is how fraud happens through QR code
SBI said that the QR code is always used for making payments, not for taking payments. In such a situation, if ever you get a message or mail to scan the QR code in the name of receiving payment, then do not scan even by mistake. This may empty your account. The bank told that when you scan a QR code, you do not get the money, but the message comes that the money has been withdrawn from the bank account.
Follow these tips to avoid
The bank has given some safety tips which you need to understand. If you make even one mistake, you can become a pauper.
- Verify UPI ID before making any payment.
- Some security rules must be followed while making UPI payments.
- UPI PIN is required only for money transfer and not for receiving money.
- Always verify mobile number, name and UPI ID before sending money.
- Never share UPI PIN with anyone.
- Don’t confuse the UPI PIN even by mistake.
- Use the scanner properly for fund transfer.
- Do not, under any circumstances, seek solutions from other than official sources.
- Use the help section of the app for any payment or technical issues.
- In case of any discrepancy, seek resolution through Bank’s Grievance Redressal Portal https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf/.