If this feature of WhatsApp is not turned on, then you may have to go to jail, follow these steps to avoid
Tech Desk. WhatsApp Privacy Feature: WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging platform at present. But these days the incidents of fraud on WhatsApp have increased. To avoid this, a privacy feature is being provided by WhatsApp, which should be turned on immediately, otherwise you may have to go to jail.
This is how fraud happens from WhatsApp
It is often seen that many times people add you to a group on WhatsApp without your permission. But doing so can be dangerous. Actually, there are WhatsApp groups with many obscene and criminal activities on WhatsApp. Unknown people are added to such groups. Then the obscene messages sent by these unknown people are threatened to go viral and money is demanded in return. Also, if the money is not paid, a complaint is made to the police. Therefore, to avoid being added to unknown WhatsApp groups, you should turn on the privacy feature.
READ ALSO | Will you have to pay money to use WhatsApp?
How to Avoid Being Added to Unknown Groups
- First of all open WhatsApp chap. After this, click on the three dots appearing on the top right corner.
- After this many options will open. From there, click on the Settings option.
- After this, after clicking on the setting option, click on the Account option.
- Then click on the Privacy option, where the Groups option will appear.
- On clicking on the Groups option, three options except Everyone, My Contacts and My Contact will appear.
- Users can select any one option according to their own.
- If you click on the My Contact option, then only the person in your phone’s contact list will be able to add you to the WhatsApp group.
- The same if you want that some special person will not be able to add you to any WhatsApp group, then you have to click on My Contacts Except option.
If you liked this article, then do Like and share it.
Thanks for reading this article till the end…